We Got a Puppy!
It has always been a dream of mine since I was a child to own a St. Bernard, and I am thrilled to announce that WE GOT A PUPPY! Zach & I are at a stage in our life where we thought it was time to bring on this new responsibility. We ended up bringing our litte guy home on Sunday, November 11th, 2018. So far, he has been such an angel... mostly because he sleeps so much! He's now 14 weeks old and he's extremely docile, friendly, loving and LAZY! The hope is to train him into being a therapy dog for St. John's Ambulance to do weekly visit to the hospitals in Toronto.
So, without further adieu... meet BEAU!
Why get a St.Bernard....
- I love big Dogs
- I grew up with a big dog for 13 years
- I have always loved the look of St.Bernard
- I have wanted a St. Bernard since grade school and I have never wanted any other type of dog
- I actually cry a little when I see a photo of full grown St. Bernard (not sure why)
- Love how they're known to be gentle giants
- They love being with people and helping people
- They are pretty lazy which makes them a great dog for apartment living because they love to sleep ALOT
- I know they have a lot of hair so that is why I wanted a smooth coat short hair St. Bernard (they don't shed as much and they're easier to groom)
- They are pretty lazy and don't eat a lot of food
- I know they drool.. but I think it is small price to pay for such a loving dog (I also made sure to pick a St.Bernard with a tight jaw line)
His paws are growing faster than his body! His ears tend to get in his water dish too.
You can follow Beau's journey through his Instagram @st.beaunard!
All photos by Alison Irwin, our Social Media Coordinator!