I hope everyone is having a great summer!!!!
I know it is a busy time of the year with holidays and lots of summer events happening. Making dinner can feel like too much when you are busy, tired and feeling the heat! When in doubt I make these classic stuffed peppers which are super simple and sooo delicious!
It only takes 20 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake in the oven.... how's that for a quick dinner!
All you need is:
6 bell peppers (whatever colour you prefer)
2 cups of cooked ground beef
1 large onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 cup of long grain white rice
1 cup of your favourite salsa
2 tbsp of Frank's hot sauce
1 tsp of table salt
1 cup of cheese
1/2 cup of crushed Doritos chips
1. Cook your ground beef with your chopped onion and pressed garlic.
2. Cook one cup of long grain white rice.
3. Wash and cut the top and clean out the inside of your bell peppers.
4. Place your bell peppers in a baking dish with 1/2 inch of water in the bottom and let cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees to soften the peppers.
5. Once the rice and beef mix is finished cooking combine in a large pan with your favorite salsa, hotsauce and salt and stir together.
6. Take you peppers out of the oven and scoop your mixture into each pepper.
7. Top the peppers with some grated cheese and crushed Doritos chips, then throw it back in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 mins until crispy on top.
That is all! I think it is the best and easiest stuffed pepper recipe you will ever make. It is one of my favourite quick suppers and it also makes great leftovers for lunch the next day. :)
What is you favorite quick supper? I would love to hear in the comments below.